Merriest, Merriest -- Creative Gifts from Creative People

Merry Christmas to all from C-C-P-P!!  I hope it's been a day filled with exactly what you wished for, even if what you wished for was just a bit of quiet space!  I'm celebrating the bounty of gifts from creative people.  Our house is filled with work done by those we've met over the years who work with their hands and hearts!  Handmade pieces have spirit that machines can't duplicate. Here's an example from this Christmas: 

Hand-thrown oil lantern - wood-fired with Shino glaze - 14" tall - Janice Chassier;   Handsewn Journal - piecework and decorative stitching - 8 1/2" x 11" - Karen Carter


 Lucky me - these came to me from friends this year.  Jan is a talented potter; Karen, a talented fiber artist.  Both are treasured friends with mad skills and awesome creativity. 

The back of Karen's journal with piecework and thread painting - Karen Carter






 So - here's to all you creative folks out there!  Keep dreaming, keep imagining, keep making things!  The world needs the magic of handmade work! 

Comments

  1. B, I'm flattered to see the whimsy I stitched for you pictured so handsomely with Jan's beautiful work! Your focus and eye for composition inspires me to keep practicing my art. And, following my dream. Encouragement. That's the BEST gift a friend can ever give.
    love and paintbrushes, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen - I'm thrilled your awesome book is living in MY house! Thank you for the gift. DO keep following your dream -- the work you complete decorates the world like glittered confetti and enriches all of us who see it! (Yeah - those of you who know my gypsy nature know "glittered confetti" is HIGH PRAISE!" )

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely gifts to give and receive!
    p.s. not sure why Bloggle is suddenly letting me post under a shortened version of my name . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE both your handmade gifts! Jan's work is impeccable, as well as lovely, and Karen's is exhuberant, as always! "Mad skills" is a good way to put it for both of them!
    P.S. Not sure why I can't use my name since the very first time -- on ANY blog anymore! I blame the French! Or solar flares.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts