The Storm's Building - Art is Calling Me.....

I have plans.  I mean PLANS.  I have sketches, notes, tests, samples - sketchpads brimming with STUFF.  Like the coming of a storm I can feel the pressure building to complete something - not just start it, but complete it.  Clay buttons, beads, dishes and sculpture call from the garage, "Glaze and fire! Glaze and fire!"  The alphabet stamps I hand cut are cozied up in the kitchen next to the acrylic paints jockeying for their turn to be mounted and used.  Bright fabrics, chosen and torn, are beaming at me from the sewing machine, itching to join with colored threads to become that design (seen only in my head) on the background fabric.

If materials had voices, the noise in our house would be deafening.  As it is, my family has no choice but to see all the components lurking about; but only I hear their fevered pleas for a turn to become something finished.

I'll get there - that's why there are so many of them calling.  Love them all and find time for a little something here and a little something there.  But the completion, the finished animal sculpture, the newly-fired clay bowl, the multimedia wall piece or fabric banner -- that's the big celebration.

 SOMETHING FINISHED.  That achieved, the storm quiets and then begins again.


Waiting.... waiting......


Comments

  1. How this resonates with my own situation . . the contents of my cottage are not normal by any standards, every nook, cranny, table, and chair being full of sketch books and folios full of ideas, magazines, gathered and found materials, bought supplies, inspirational collections . . many a project prepared, even started . . but finished? Such a rare achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just getting the hang of this blog-posting stuff! I made my comment about the storm at the end of the post about animals showing up! My own house is full of ideas, too -- most not even started, a few started. Finished? Maybe later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too many ideas; too little time. It's not a bad problem to have!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts