Just Give the Gal a Little Push, Will Ya?

So I started the year with big plans and good intentions.  Lists too!  I had vision, drive, materials at the ready, sketches drawn and my foot raised high to take the first step.  Somewhere between the lifting of that foot and the putting down of that very same foot I fell right off the path!

What happened?  Well, I let the OTHER STUFF derail me.  You know the OTHER STUFF -- that 8-5 job, cooking, cleaning, chores and responsibilities of all sorts - the flotsam and jetsam of real life.  Things that need doing and somehow need doing by me!


Bits and Pieces - Projects and components waiting. Clay, fabric, wood, acrylic paint, yarn.  Betsy J. Parker
 Oh - not to worry - this is familiar territory.  I've done this before.  It knocks me off my path, I whine a bit, and then I pick up the gauntlet, struggle to my feet and beat it back again for a while - until it gets in another good blow that takes me out in turn.  It is what life has in it -- duty AND magic - both of which seem to take turns being dominant in my days. But I know I'm not alone - this is the stuff of most folks' lives.  We all struggle to fit what we love into a serious batch of the necessary and come out smiling with some sort of balance achieved.

Get ready.  It won't be long before I'm standing up, pushed from inside and outside, and am ready to charge ahead straight into the magic of creating, creating , creating.  Hope you'll be ready to play too!

Comments

  1. We're all here, whenever you regain your balance, my dear!
    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. We sure are! All here, that is. So here's what I propose about the little push: we'll all work at pushing the confines of the hours so they aren't so confining! Push the boundaries out on each side! Love, B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Desperately needing to deal with Other Stuff here. The Greater Plan is to get the Other Stuff organised to such a finely oiled machine that it will not take up more than two hours a day tops . . ah! the best laid plans of mice and men . . if only we didn't need to sleep . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you,all, for being at the ready. There's a project coming soon and I hope you're all primed to play a bit! Betsy - if you figure out how to push the hourly confines, please share the technique!! Deborah - I love your idea of the Greater Plan and hope to find a way to follow suit!! Sleep? We're supposed to fit that in too?? Ok - I admit it - as I get older, that one IS a bigger necessity!! Spring and more light is not too far around the corner. Get your stash ready, plug in the imagination.... something's afoot in the near future..... : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice to hear your kind compliment over on my blog. Loved your post. I have the opposite situation over here. I have neglected everything else for so long, I just had to put the art aside. I was starting to disgust myself. I really had a dust bunny farm working. I do feel better once everything is tidy again. Wonder how long this will last!...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny - the compliment was well-deserved. I enjoy seeing it in CPS. Art isn't tidy for me! I feel the need to establish order but then totally destroy it again. I've never been able to create at my best without totally exploding whatever space I'm in. I figure so long as what comes out of it is exciting, it's a good balance! And dust bunnies? I like animals....I'm making friends with mine.... : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts