Bright Spots and Quiet Spaces






"Murmuration" - Original acrylic on paper



Change usually makes us reflective, don't you think?  New years, new decades, moves, losses, sudden opportunities...

I've never been one to make New Year's resolutions.  I tend to rethink myself, my outlook, my options on a fairly regular basis, so the new year doesn't require that for me.  It is a time of reflection for me, though, and a time to evaluate what I want my work to do in the world.

Happy Sun - Shaped mixed media painting on paper

  My work tends to be light-hearted, happy images and subjects. Is this because life is easy for me?  No. Darkness, loss and challenges visit all of us.

I just find that life is  easier if we don't collapse into the dark parts.  Remembering that there is light in our lives and taking delight in even the smallest of happy things is a great antidote to the other stuff.

Untitled - Mixed media on paper


 So, off again to another year of creating.  I'll do my best to add more lighter, kinder things in the world by creating pieces that are bright spots and quiet space. I invite you all along for the fun!



Happy Trio of Pottery Bird Wall Sculptures - cold-finished

                         Cheers, 2020!  We're ON!!





Untitled - Mixed media on paper


Sculpted Wall Art

Comments

Popular Posts