Here, There, and In Between..... Fitting things in

I haven't been here in a while.  Been busy.  Not, alas, busy in the things that make my heart sing, so much as busy in the necessary things again.  It'a familiar complaint.  In between the necessary duties of life and amidst my whines about wanting - no, NEEDING - more time, I have actually accomplished little bits here and there.

A demonstration of handbuilding stoneware clay animals at the 10th Anniversary Celebration of Sunset River Marketplace gallery in Calabash, NC was not only a great time with onlookers engaged in the process, but resulted in a number of finished pieces for the shelves.



Handbuilt Dragon - Stoneware clay- Betsy J. Parker



Mini Animals - Handbuilt Stoneware Clay - Betsy J. Parker










Puppy - Handbuilt Stoneware sculpture - repaired following damage in kiln - Betsy J. Parker


 An experiment with a bisque molding technique resulted in some fun new pins.


Stoneware Clay Personality pins - Betsy J. Parker

A friend's birthday pushed me to have fun with jewelry-making.



Stone and Bead Bracelet and Earrings - Betsy J. Parker


Have I been as creative as I'd like?  NO.  Have I ticked off loads of to do's on my creativity list?  Another - NO.  but have I done something??  YES.  And am I determined to do more?  YES. YES.YES.    The list never ends and neither does the desire.


Comments

  1. yay! what a wonderful surprise on this dismal August Bank Holiday Monday to open up bloggle land and find a post from you! welcome back, from one who has also be away from bloggle land a while longer than I'd wanted . .

    L♥ve L♥ve L♥ve your animals especially the owl and the dragon. Your faces are amazing, and that bracelet with earrings is so beautiful, and tactiley wearable! (new word, tactiley)

    Happy to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Deborah!! Have missed your posts too - busy lives and such, right? Thank you for the lovely comments. I so enjoy seeing who emerges from the clay! Love your new word too! The jewelry was made for our mutual friend, Betsy (the other one - although I am usually the one referred to as the "Other Betsy") Looking forward to more wonderful photos and stories from your beautiful part of the globe. Happy to BE back! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a happy gathering of mini-amimals! They look like they have so much to say...a story waiting to be told! Thanks for sharing, Betsy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for dropping by, Jeannie! And thanks for the lovely comment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts