Of Work and Play and the Times They are One and the SAME.....

Work and play both have their benefits.  But I like best the times they are the same thing happening at the very same time, especially when I'm doing what I love doing most - making things!

Just a quick sharing today of some things worked with, played with and moving to the next step. 

For instance ---This is Dogg - who started off as a project I thought of as "Dog-deconstructed."  It was my experiment to use soft clay slabs- cutting, tearing and rolling to make a creature that just showed the "essence" of dogness in a simple and primitive way.  After he was stained and fired, he needed a unique look so we had a paint adventure together.   He is a rather fun fellow and seems pleased with himself for all that!

Dogg - Stoneware clay, stain, acrylic paint accents, hand-built from soft slabs - 6 1/2" tall








Here he is showing off his muzzle decor a bit better.
                                           


Here a little ATTITUDE is noticeable!

 Then ....the workshop I mentioned I was preparing to teach in clay texture and texture tool-making.     The few new tools I made while presenting are fired and  tested ( "tested" is the serious word.  The     artist  expression is   "played with.")   Here's what they look like and also what they can do.  The         next  step is using them in the workshop to make some pieces.....                                                       
  

Handmade clay stamps, roulettes and texture pads plus test "rolls" in soft clay

WORK and PLAY - works for me!

Comments

  1. Love your merge of testing and playing with. And Dogg is my favorite art piece in a long time. He looks interested in everything, which is from the soul of his maker. Make on, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, B! You KNOW I love to play! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those test pieces. That texture is irresistible. The back view of your dog is so perfect. You really captured that personality!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Jenny. Hoping for some workshop time to make some pieces with the new texture tools! Loving the color in your recent posts!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts