Spring....and everything....

I live in a beautiful place.  The winters are mild and spring arrives with fragrance in the air and color everywhere.  Spring is my favorite season.  There is a shade of green shown by the early buds of tree leaves that isn't seen any other time of year.  Spring reminds us that change is always possible, that hope and promise are constants in our lives even when we don't notice them.  For those of us with a creative bent, it pokes the art brain and starts it seeing internal pictures and building dream art.  It is streaming pictures in my head - things to try, things to make, materials to find in the buried recesses of my creative stash.

I'm getting ready to teach a workshop next month on texture and making texturing tools for use with clay.  My idea notes are growing tendrils all over the place and will need to be tamed with some kind of  logical order.  Ideas are sprouting more ideas in a mad dash to do everything, to try the new and "tweak" the familiar.  It will be fun.


Original stamps, roulettes and other texturing tools for use with Clay

My clay work is calling from a new vantage point and experiments are in the works to take the usual to new territory.  Today found me trying a new type of construction for work I've been doing a long time in search of an illusive "look" that my mind's eye is trying to describe to my hands.

I'm seeing colors and patterns that my sewing machine is yearning to stitch into reality.  This week may well find me lost amid fabric, thread and paintbrushes.  There is light at the end of the day and somehow it makes us think there is more time now.  It is spring and that is GOOD!

Comments

  1. Wow! A perfect Ode To Spring! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I wish I could touch all these wonderful textures and tools. I have never worked much with clay and would love to, but I can barely manage all the projects I've already got going. Clay is still on my list though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Betsy. And Jenny - if you wander up the coast into NC sometime, you can stop by and play with clay! Be careful, though, the stuff's addictive! Happy creating!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts