Let's FACE it - Adventures in the Making.

It's been too long since I've posted!!  I've been pretty busy - a new etsy shop is up, but not yet full; a new facebook business page is active and I'm meeting loads of wonderful folks in Facebookland.  And I AM getting the occasional work day in the workshop.  Not nearly often enough to suit me, but that's nothing new!  Faces have shown up in my work again - faces and sun faces.  I'm having fun.  Here.... I'll show you....  This sun tile started it.
Sun Tile 6" x 6" hand-sculpted Stoneware clay - original by Betsy J. Parker
 Then I had the "bug" and they showed up in Terracotta and grew bigger!  They showed up in great variety with all kinds of happy expressions and different personalities.  Yep, I was hooked!  Had to keep letting them out of the clay.

Terracotta Sun - 14x15 - hand-sculpted original by Betsy J. Parker



Hand-sculpted Stoneware Faces - original designs in variety of sizes -Betsy J. Parker







I treated myself to a couple of workshops in copper repousse - which is a technique of embossing copper sheeting and then coloring, if desired.  Faces started showing up there too.

Copper Repousse Sun Face - original design by Betsy J. Parker

 They make me and other folks smile.  I'm FACING it!  I like making them and there are more in the clay waiting to come out.  I think I'll be doing this for a while!!  Hope they made you smile too.  Come visit at the facebook page if you have time - we're enjoying ourselves there too!  (https://www.facebook.com/ASmileBuiltIn)  Meanwhile - keep smiling!

Comments

Popular Posts